I have over 12 years’ experience in Software Design and Programming and have worked on both Web and Windows applications. Over this time I have used many software languages and technologies. In an ever-changing industry I have found my most valuable skill is adaptability born from my love of learning.
But I’m not just a ‘Techy’
I am a Mum (of 3 crazy boys), a surfer, a traveller, an expat and a swimming teacher. I am friendly, approachable and a people person. I enjoy socializing, meeting new people and learning from new experiences.
Currently I am self-employed, helping clients setup and maintain their websites. I thoroughly enjoy this as it makes the most of my soft and technical skills.
Online Course focusing on modern web technologies.
Dec 2008 Presentation Skills
Workshop on designing, developing & delivering presentations.
May 2006 QA Training and Consulting, London
The C# 2.0 Programming Language training course.
2002-2005 Technology Innovation Centre, UCE, Birmingham
1st class BSc Honours Degree in Software Design & Networks. I was awarded two awards on completion of my course:
- Fujitsu Telecommunications Plaque – awarded to the student whose final year project showed engineering and business acumen
- TIC Undergraduate Computer Networking Prize – awarded to the student who obtained the highest average mark over the three years for a course that contained a networking module
2001-2002 Optimum Centre, Allestree, Derby
I attended a part time Computer Literacy and Information Technology course during my gap gear.
1999-2001 Woodlands 6th Form School Allestree, Derby
- A level Maths A
- A level Physics A
- A level Design Communication B
1994-1999 Belper Technology College, Belper, Derbyshire
10 high grade GCSEs, including Maths, Science and English.
Sept 2016 – Ongoing AniWrightDesign (Self Employed)
My aim at Ani Wright Design is to help,guide and teach my clients to create and maintain websites. Most of my clients are travellers and/or expats who want to share their experience and knowledge of the world, they require a people person to aid them. I help with SEO, Design, Usability, Speed Improvements, Transfers of domains and basically anything they need.
Apr 2013 – Jan 2016, July 2016 – Aug 2016, July 2017 – Aug 2017, PXtech (Developer)
- User Stories and Specifications
- Database design and implementation (Transact-SQL)
- Service Layer design and implementation (C#)
- KnockoutJS, DurandalJS, RequireJS, Bootstrap
- Responsive design
May 2005- Nov 2012 Eurocom (Developer and Project Coordinator)
At Eurocom, I particularly enjoyed the challenges of working directly with the users to achieve the best solution to their problems. I was involved in the whole life cycle from Requirement gathering, through design, testing, release to support and documentation. I was also responsible for the team’s service coordination and user communication.
- Test (Unit, functionality, usability and user acceptance)
- C#, ASP.net, C++, Web services , html, PostgreSQL
- Development of team procedures (OLA’s, SLA’s)
- Incident, Problem and Change management
- User training (One to One and Group sessions)
- Scheduling and Reports